Saturday, February 7, 2015

Nursery Remodel Part 3

It's almost done! It's coming together! I'm so excited!

First of all, forgive my recent lack of updates. I can't seem to shake this bug. I've had it, on and off, for nearly a month, and I'm finally starting to feel like I'm coming out of it. Earlier this week I was afraid it had finally morphed into a sinus infection, but I'm thinking that it was the dark before the dawn and I'm actually getting better now.

So while I've been holed up at home, I've also been hard at work putting the baby's room together. We reached 31 weeks yesterday, so we are nearing the finish line, and I have been anxious to complete my projects and finally have a real, ready nursery for our little wiggle worm to come home to.

And after today, I am nearly there! On Sunday we did go to IKEA, and picked up our crib, dresser, nightstand, rolling cart, rug, and a couple of other small items. Elliott and I were so excited when we got home Sunday night that we spent a couple of hours assembling all the furniture and setting the crib up. Then I went out on Monday and bought Old Fashioned Milk Paint, but then felt too sick for the next few days to actually do any work. Last night I felt well enough to paint, and now we have finished furniture!

Elliott put up the wall shelves today after my doomed attempt last week (I forgot to find studs. Oops.) I haven't gotten a decent shot of the crib just yet, but once I get the canopy up I will get more. I'm hoping that my next remodel update will be "We're done!" with final photos, but who knows.

The first three photos are the "before" shots of the dresser, drawers, and nightstand. The next three are the "after" shots of the furniture set up in the room!

  

  

In other news, I washed the crib sheets. They are so tiny.

Happy Saturday, friends! Enjoy your weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment